Friday, July 6, 2012

10 Things To Do Before Your 30


So there are always lists, 50 things to do before you die, 10 things you have to do while on vacation, 20 places you must see or you'll turn into a donkey, you know important life changing to do lists. I am all about lists, love them, love to make them and then completely forget about them. So I figured I would find your typical things to do before you turn 30, since I am two months away from 30, I figured 10 years to do 10 things, dude easy, well mostly.  
 
1. Fall in love: Check! While it didn't work out in the end it was amazing for a few months.  

2. Go abroad: Check! Went to Europe when I was 24, Paris and London, it was an amazing trip and I will never forget seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time, I will admit that I would have enjoyed it much more now that I am older and have an obsession with all things Doctor Who.

3. Find an exercise routine you like, and stick with it: Fail, I will admit that this is ALWAYS something that I say I am going to do, every time I fail epically, I am hoping that this is something that I can accomplish in my thirties.

4. Live by yourself: Check! And doing it now, I have lived with a roommate and on my own. I loved both, there is something to be said for having a built in person to do stuff with, but then again there is something to be said for watching TV in your undies on the couch and not moving for 8 hours and no one knows that you ate that entire bag of chips .. not that I have ever done that, sigh see #3

5. Learn, or begin learning, a foreign language: Assegno! Okay I lied, I just goggled check in Italian. Its always been something I have wanted to do, but lets be honest I am just now getting a grasp on English and I don't want to overwhelm my tiny brain.

6. Cook at least one really great meal: Check! Now this is something that I mastered in my twenties. I LOVE to cook. I have cooked the whole turkey dinner countless times and not to toot my own horn but it was amazing!  

7. Discover your own style: Check and Double Check! In my early twenties I was definitely a "slave to fashion" in that I really followed the trends just because they were popular. I would like to think as I got older I realized what works for me and what doesn't. I do have my own particular style though. Which I have really embraced over the last year, saying to hell with you people I LOVE GLITTER and I will wear it whenever I want!!!

8. Find a career that you love: Sorta check, I do like what I do but don't feel that the company really goes out of it's way to inspire/take care of their employees. With that said, I have always been of the mind that I work to live not live to work, so as long as I make enough to keep me in shoes and Happy Hours, I am a pretty happy girl

9. Find someone who inspires you: Check! I think I have found MANY people who inspire me. I have an amazing group of friends and co-workers that I feel help me become a better person. But also help me realize that you need to be yourself and know that people will love you for it, and if they don't they aren't worth having around  

10. Make a big purchase on something for yourself: Check! If you count cars and a very expensive mattress (it's from NASA!)

Okay so 7 out of 10 isn't too bad. Looking back on my twenties I know I made a lot of mistakes and had a ton of amazing experiences. Made great friends and lost friends along the way. But you know what they say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you are who are you because of where you have been. I can't wait to see what adventures I will have the next to years!!

No comments: